Thursday, September 29, 2011

MTM Workshop

In an effort to achieve my blog's goal of advancing the profession of pharmacy, I decided to post a link to a workshop that is being provided at the ASCP's annual meeting this November in Phoenix.

I was made aware of the meeting by one of the members of the ASCP Foundation following a recent post about the future of MTM. If you are like me, a mid-November meeting is really kinda last-minute. But if you have flexibility, it may be helpful.

To me, it looks like a "how-to do MTM" session. It does look like it has a little bit of info on developing a business plan. Personally, I'd rather attend a "how-to get your services paid for by an insurance company" session. I live in an area where people don't exactly have a spare hundred bucks of their income to spend on an MTM session with a pharmacist, so I'd like to hear from individual pharmacists who have successfully enrolled as a provider with an insurer.

For those of you who are interested, here's the link to the ASCP's page for the session.

No comments: